Break Free Melbourne Home Loans are a best mortgage broker, with over 20 years of industry experience. We provide lending solutions and advice tailored to your needs. We work closely with clients as trusted advisors and are accessible to clients when needed.
Our brokers work hard at understanding our client’s unique circumstances and helping them overcome common home loan challenges. Whether you’re a first home buyer or an experienced investor, we’ll help you find the best home loan for your situation. Whether you’re self-employed and have trouble proving your income or you’re a contractor or casual worker, we offer solutions for all types of clients’ income sources.
Do you work in the defence force? If so, you may be eligible for a DHOAS loan. DHOAS loans are available to members of the defence force who are looking to purchase a home. DHOAS loans offer a number of benefits, including low interest rates and no deposit required. You can also use your DHOAS loan to refinance an existing property. Talk to our expert brokers today to compare defence force home loans and find the right finance option for you. If you’re looking for affordable finance, we can help you secure the best deal and apply for your loan to ensure approval.
What Is A DHOAS Loan?
A Defence Home Ownership Assistance Scheme or DHOAS loan is a form of financial assistance provided to the Australian Defence Force (ADF) to eligible members of the military, reservists, veterans, and their families. Defence home loans can be used to purchase or refinance a primary residence, as well as for home improvement projects.
The program is designed to enhance ADF recruitment and retention. The more time you spend in the ADF, the more rights you earn under DHOAS, and the longer you may receive assistance. There are several benefits associated with DHOAS loans, including low interest rates, no down payment, and flexible repayment terms.
DHOAS loans are available through a number of participating lenders, including banks, credit unions, and mortgage companies. In order to qualify, borrowers must have a good credit history and a steady source of income.
How To Apply For A Defence Force Home Loan?
What are the requirements for DHOAS loans? In order to qualify for a DHOAS loan, borrowers must:
- Be a member of the military, reservists, or veterans: You must have served within the last five years, and completed a qualifying period of service and accrued a service credit.
- Have a good credit history: How responsible you are with credit will determine your borrowing limit. If you’ve shown good credit history and are on time with your payments, lenders will see you as a lower risk borrower.
- Have a steady source of income: Lenders like stability. You need to show a steady employment and income history to create a not bad credit profile.
- Meet occupancy requirements: You need to meet the scheme conditions, including occupancy requirements to qualify for the monthly subsidy payments. You must start occupying the home to receive the subsidy.
|Subsidy tiers for 2021-22
|Minimum Permanent service
|Minimum Reserve service
|Subsidised loan amount
|Maximum monthly subsidy*
|Up to $198
|Up to $298
|Up to $397
If you think you might qualify for a DHOAS loan, the first step is to contact your lender and ask about their DHOAS loan program. Once you’ve been approved, you’ll need to complete some paperwork and provide documentation of your military service. In general, these are the steps you need to follow:
- Apply with the Department of Veterans’ Affairs
- Obtain Subsidy Certificate
- Apply with Home Loan Provider using Subsidy Certificate – take out DHOAS loan
- Submit Subsidy Authorisation Request Form to DHOAS
- Receive payments
DHOAS Lenders And Their Conditions
If you are looking for a doctors or DHOAS loan in Melbourne, there are a few options available to you. The three major banks all offer DHOAS loans with low interest rates and no deposit required. Defence service home loans are also available through credit unions and various mortgage lenders.
Since 1991, NAB has offered mortgage solutions to members of the Australian Defence Force under the Defence Home Owner Scheme. The NAB Defence Force Fixed Rate Home Loan offers cheap costs and flexible repayment options.
Australian Military Bank
Australian Military Bank provides a number of low-cost DHOAS (Defence Home Ownership Assistance Scheme) Home Loans, which have been created to accommodate the needs of eligible Australian Defence Force home purchasers. You’ll be able to select from a variety of DHOAS Home Loans, allowing you to choose the loan type and repayment schedule that works for your budget. From a DHOAS RateSaver home loan, Value home loan to a 2 year Fixed Rate home loan, you can pick the most suitable loan for your needs.
Australia’s Defence Bank is one of a tiny handful of lenders that have been granted permission to offer DHOAS-friendly loans, and you can find a home loan package tailored to your needs. From premiere low rate home loans, flexible options with an offset account to fixed rate loan packages, the Defence Bank offers a wide array of competitive loans for eligible members.
How To Get Approved
The following are some considerations to pay attention to when you’re applying for a DHOAS home loan. Make sure to meet the conditions below to secure the best DHOAS rates.
The minimum loan amount is $10,000. In general, DHOAS loans are available for up to $500,000. In some cases, however, you can negotiate for a maximum loan amount of $1,000,000. You can use this money for a variety of purposes, including buying a home, making renovations, or investing in capital equipment or repairs. The interest rate on DHOAS loans is typically lower than the interest rates on other types of loans, and you may also be eligible for a rebate on the insurance premium.
You don’t need to have a high deposit and can even be waived from this requirement entirely. Most DHOAS loans allow a deposit as little as 5%. However, providing a higher deposit will also encourage lenders to offer you lower interest rates and better repayment terms due to your lower-risk LVR.
While there are no minimum income requirements for DHOAS loans, you need to ensure you have the funds to repay your loan.
- Be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- Be a current or former member of the Australian Defence Force
- Have served a minimum of 180 days active service, unless you were discharged due to medical reasons
- Meet the service and discharge requirements for your category of membership
- Not have been dishonourably discharged from the ADF
- Not be bankrupt or have had a debt agreement in the last 10 years
- Haven’t had a home loan with DHOAS in the last 5 years
What To Consider When Applying For Defence Home Loan In Melbourne?
If you are a member of the Australian Defence Force, DHOAS can offer you a number of benefits that other lenders cannot. These include:
- A lower interest rate for loans over $150,000
- No application fee
- No monthly service fee
- Reduced settlement costs
- A streamlined application process
DHOAS loans offer fixed rate options so you can cap your interest costs and ensure your loan remains affordable throughout its entire period.
Terms And Conditions
The minimum loan term for DHOAS is 5 years. The maximum loan term is up to 30 years. A defence force home loan is available for both purchase and refinance transactions. DHOAS also offers the following features:
- No deposit is required
- No Lender’s Mortgage Insurance (LMI) is payable
- Competitive interest rates
- The option to make extra repayments without penalty
- Access to redraw facilities
- A portability option, which allows you to transfer your loan to another property without incurring any additional costs
Min And Max Amount
Is It Possible To Use HPAS With DHOAS?
DHOAS loans are an excellent way to finance a home purchase, and they offer several benefits for military members. If you think you might qualify, be sure to contact our experienced brokers from Break Free Home Loans to learn more. We can submit a loan application on your behalf to give you your best chance at approval.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Are DHOAS Loans?
- Low interest rates: DHOAS loans typically have lower interest rates than other types of loans. This can save you money on your repayments.
- Flexible repayment options: DHOAS loans offer flexible repayment options, which can make it easier to manage your repayments.
- Loan portability: DHOAS loans are portable, which means that you can transfer the loan to another property if you need to move.
- No deposit required: DHOAS loans do not require a deposit, which makes them more accessible for eligible borrowers.
DHOAS loans can be a great option for eligible borrowers, but it is important to compare different products and lenders to find the best deal for your needs.
What Banks Offer DHOAS Loans In Melbourne?
The Australian banks that offer these types of loans include the Australian Military Bank, Defence Bank Limited, and the National Australia Bank.
How To Apply For DHOAS?
If you’re looking to purchase a property or refinance an existing home loan, you may be considering a DHOAS loan. DHOAS loans are available to eligible Defence Force members and their families, and can offer some great benefits such as low interest rates and no monthly fees. If you are considering a DHOAS loan, it is important to compare different products and lenders to find the best deal for your needs. The following are some steps you can take to apply for your loan:
- You fill out an application form and submit it to DHOAS.
- DHOAS assesses your application and, if you are eligible, approves your loan.
- The loan is paid into your account and you can start making repayments.
- You make regular repayments until the loan is repaid in full.